STEM Pre-Academy and the STEM Fellows - Digital Media offer a variety of workshops, online and in-person, throughout the year.
The Ho‘okumu STEM Project is a three-year endeavor, developed in cooperation with the Wai‘anae Community Redevelopment Corporation, for the development of workshops, activities, and tools for the application of digital media in the classroom. Through hands-on, real-world projects, students will learn the skills necessary for growth and entry into the global workforce.
STEM Fellows -
The STEM Fellows - Digital Media team consists of Brandon Rojo, Amber Maeshiro-Moreira, Josiah Endo, and Kerstye Kau – All graduates of Wai‘anae High School's Searider Productions program. The Fellows have been working hard, putting together a series of informative online workshops on Visual Storytelling.
- Visual Storytelling: Introduction to Video Presentations
(February 16, March 16, April 13, 2019)
- Visual Storytelling: Basic Shots (February 6, 2016)
- Visual Storytelling: Composition, Angle, and Position (April 2, 2016)
- Visual Storytelling: Video Sequencing and Editing (June 25, 2016)
- Visual Storytelling: Basic Shots, Enhanced! (October 1, 2016)
- Visual Storytelling: Production Values (February 4, 2017)
Interactive Formative Assessment
- Making Formative Assessment Fun (April 30, 2016)